Today for dinner I made a recipe I saw floating around on Facebook by The Preppy Paleo (recipe below). I even got an early start on it and managed to get dinner on the table at 5pm!! Dinner is Whole30 Approved and Paleo Baby Approved!
- 1 large spaghetti squash, cut in half lengthwise and seeds removed (mine was on the smaller side)
- 6 slices nitrite-free bacon, cut into pieces
- 1 lb. chicken, cut into chunks (I used closer to 2lbs, I wanted MORE protein)
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup pesto (below) (I only made one round of sauce from the recipe and it was plenty for my small squash)
- Preheat oven to 400. Place squash cut side down on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool.
- paleo spinach pesto:
3 cups baby spinach
3 tbs. raw walnuts or almonds
3 tbs. olive oil
2 small garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp. nutritional yeast
salt & pepper, to taste
Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Taste for seasoning.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until beginning to crisp. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is no longer pink. Drain excess fat and return meat to pan.
- Once spaghetti squash is cool enough to handle, pull inside into threads with a fork. Stir squash into meat in skillet. Mix in pesto. Sprinkle with cheese, if using.
- Return to oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the top is a bit crisp. Finish off under the broiler for 1-2 minutes if desired.
Day 23 DONE! 7 MORE TO GO!