My morning started out PERFECT! I woke up at 6 am to find that the Paleo Baby had slept THROUGH THE NIGHT in his crib! This means I got 8 solid hours of sleep! I was refreshed, motivated and ready to take on the world. After quietly enjoying my coffee in bed, planned an amazing dinner and logging in for work, the baby began to stirr at about 8:30. I went in to get him only to find that he had a FEVER! UGGGG!!!! This always happens when he is cutting multiple teeth! I knew what was coming….a very needy baby who will not let me put him down. Basically scratch my amazing dinner plans…..
I did however manage to make a KILLER lunch! Paleo Baby fell asleep in the sling and I was able to hold him and cook lunch! I made Grain Free Sardine Cakes by Ditch the Wheat. They were sooooo good! I know I know…ewwwwwwww sardines! But let me tell you….these little cakes tasted nothing like what you would image sardines to taste like! I’m so happy I found a way to enjoy sardines because I have had 4 cans sitting in my pantry for a very long time and I just couldn’t bring myself to eat them straight. I wanted to eat them because they are packed full of protein, DHA, Omegas and calcium! They are a SUPER FOOD that should really be consumed on a regular basis by women and especially those that are pregnant or nursing! I loved this recipe so much I will be making it AGAIN tomorrow for lunch!
- 1 can of sardines (mine were packed in water and weighed 84 grams when drained)
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tbsp of coconut flour
- 1 tbsp of mustard
- 2 tsp of dried parsley (more if you really like it)
- ¼ cup of chopped green onion
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 1/4 cup almond flour for coating the cakes
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor except for the almond flour. Pulse until all combined. Roll into small or medium sized balls and flatten with the palm of your hands. Dip the fish cakes in a small bowl of almond flour. Evenly coat both sides.
- Cook the fish cakes in a pan with ghee/butter/etc on low-medium heat turning once.
- The cakes are done when both sides are golden and crispy.
All and All Day 4 was successful, I stayed the course and have another day under my belt! Only 26 more days!